#INNO2019 Code of Conduct
Attendee Consent Statement
By purchasing a ticket, agreeing to attend, and/or entering any INNO event, I agree to the terms and conditions outlined below as well as to abide by the anti-harassment policy during my time at INNO.
A Note on Gender
Our mission is to help people from all genders and sexes in technology and the creative services. This includes traditionally ‘marginalized’ individuals such as trans women, trans men, non-binary folks, and allies. All are welcome to join us in building a community in New Orleans, the Gulf South, and beyond.
Harassment will not be tolerated by any INNO participant under any circumstances. Harassment includes offensive verbal comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, religion, financial status, political views, technology choices, sexual images in public spaces, deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, harassing photography or recording, sustained disruption of talks or other events, inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention. INNO participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.
Sponsors and exhibitors are also subject to the anti-harassment policy. In particular, sponsors and exhibitors should not use sexualized images, activities, or other material. Staff (including volunteers) should not use sexualized clothing, uniforms, costumes, or otherwise create a sexualized environment.
If a participant engages in harassing behavior, INNO organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, including warning the offender or expulsion from INNO with no refund. If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a member of INNO staff or a volunteer immediately. Conference staff and volunteers can be identified as they’ll be wearing branded clothing and/or badges.
We expect all INNO participants to follow these rules at conference venues and conference-related social events.
Code of Conduct
- I am an INNO attendee and I am here to learn, grow, forge connections, and build a community with my fellow participants.
- I understand that certain imagery and language that is suggestive or derogatory can offend or make others uncomfortable and that people have different values and sensibilities than my own.
- I will accept when I am told that my behavior is offensive and/or unacceptable and cease to participate in that behavior.
- I will never intentionally harass or offend another INNO attendee regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, appearance, size, race, or religion and will not abide another attendee being harassed or offended.
- If I am aware that anyone is uncomfortable or unsafe, I will notify those giving offense, plus the INNO organizers and/or staff.
- If I am offended or harassed, I will inform people around me who make me feel safe and the INNO organizers and/or staff. If I feel safe, at my discretion, I will inform those giving offense of the specific actions with the hope that the other party is well-intentioned and ignorant, but I am under no obligation to do so.
Terms and Conditions
Transferring Your Ticket
We’ll happily transfer your ticket or registration to a colleague or friend, if needed. Please let us know as soon as possible and ideally no later than seven (7) days before INNO’s first day, April 29, 2019 by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Refunds will not be offered.
Photos, Video Footage, and Quotes
At INNO we will photograph and record our events and by purchasing a ticket, registering to attend, and/or entering any INNO event – you give us permission to use any images or video footage taken of you during INNO events. We reserve the right to reproduce quotes and feedback submitted in a public sphere, which will be fully credited.
Our Program and Conference Tracks
Occasionally a speaker may drop out of INNO’s conference program or change their session compared to how we’ve advertised it. We reserve the right to substitute speakers as needed and our schedule is also subject to minor changes in timing until closer to the event.