INNO 2020 Code of Conduct
Attendee Consent Statement
By registering and agreeing to attend any INNO event—virtual or otherwise, I agree to the terms and conditions outlined below as well as to abide by the anti-harassment policy.
A Note on Gender
Our mission is to help people from all genders and sexes in technology and creative services. All are welcome to join us in building a community in the United States and beyond.
Harassment will not be tolerated by any INNO participant under any circumstances. Harassment includes offensive verbal comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, religion, financial status, political views, technology choices, sexual images in public spaces, deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, harassing photography or recording, sustained disruption of talks or other events, inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention. INNO participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.
If a participant engages in harassing behavior, INNO organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, including warning the offender or expulsion from INNO events. If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a member of INNO staff or a volunteer immediately via email@example.com.
We expect all INNO participants to follow these rules on the conference virtual platform.
Code of Conduct
- I am an INNO attendee and I am here to learn, grow, forge connections, and build a community with my fellow participants.
- I understand that certain imagery and language that is suggestive or derogatory can offend or make others uncomfortable and that people have different values and sensibilities than my own.
- I will accept when I am told that my behavior is offensive and/or unacceptable and cease to participate in that behavior.
- I will never intentionally harass or offend another INNO attendee regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, appearance, size, race, or religion and will not abide another attendee being harassed or offended.
- If I am aware that anyone is uncomfortable or unsafe, I will notify those giving offense, plus the INNO organizers and/or staff.
- If I am offended or harassed, I will inform people around me who make me feel safe and the INNO organizers and/or staff. If I feel safe, at my discretion, I will inform those giving offense of the specific actions with the hope that the other party is well-intentioned and ignorant, but I am under no obligation to do so.
Terms and Conditions
Refunding Your Ticket
We’ll happily refund your ticket or registration partially or in full. Please let us know as soon as possible and ideally no later than five (5) days before INNO’s first day, April 23, 2020 by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Photos, Video Footage, and Quotes
During INNO we will screenshot and record live streamed events, and by registering to attend—you give us permission to use any images or video footage taken of you during online INNO events. We reserve the right to reproduce quotes and feedback submitted in a public sphere, which will be fully credited.
Our Program and Conference Tracks
Occasionally a speaker may drop out of INNO’s conference program or change their session compared to how we’ve advertised it. We reserve the right to substitute speakers as needed and our schedule is also subject to minor changes in timing until closer to the event.